Tuesday, February 2, 2010

GYG 2-2-10 Fran!

Not a good day for Fran!  My shoulders were trashed from the overhead squats yesterday and I was dreading the pullups.

Got started with push jerks.  I was excited to see what I could accomplish with my recent new found strength and rounded the #'s up a bit, assuming a 100k max.  I thought about pushing it to 110k but figured that might be a bit extreme.

Push Jerk
1 - 1 - 1+ at 75% - 85% - 95% of single rep max

I went at 75, 85 and 95 for 2 - failed on a 3rd attempt

Garth - Jerk from Garth Huckabay on Vimeo.


Fran was rough - knew I was in trouble from the get go. It's been a great week and I would have loved to set a new Fran PR but the deck was stacked against me for sure. My pullups completely fell apart half way thru the 2nd round. Finished 4:39 as compared to my last go of 4:36. Bummer!

Garth - Fran from Garth Huckabay on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment