Feeling pretty good today - Monday off - Tuesday CrossFit total - minimal aches and pains.
Started with the Jerk 3 - 3 - 3+ at 70% - 80% - 90% of single rep max
My single rep max is currently 95k but I know I've got more than that - just haven't taken the opportunity to go after it recently. So I upped the loads just a bit and rounded up the weight - didn't say anything to Zach because I knew it would stress him out. He might even make me do burpees! :)
70k - 80k - 90k x 3
I was planning on repping out 5 at 90k but catching that weight on my chest was brutal and on the 3rd rep, I lost my balance bringing it down out of the press and dropped it to the floor. Regardless, 90k wasn't too bad - I figure I have a 105/110 jerk easy! I suspect we'll see a max effort in the very near future.
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
SDHP @ 50k
PushUps
Box Jumps 24"
I was a little worried about the pushups since they've been my achilles heel of late but the WOD went well. I was able to rep out all the movements more or less unbroken. I lost my rythm a couple of times on the sumos and box jumps but never really stopped moving.
Finished 5:53 - Pete finished later in the day at 4:55. Thought I might have had him on this one - no such luck. I expect maybe he transitioned between movements faster - that could have made the difference. I usually spent a few extra seconds setting up on the sumos. I'll be curious to see how Matt finished.
How Do You Build In A Foreign Country Like I Do?
-
Greetings from my plastic Adirondack chair overlooking the front yard. This
video is going to be—I honestly don’t even know what it’s going to be. But
le...
16 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment