Friday, January 29, 2010

GYG 1-29-10

I figure Bill had me in mind for this one - OH walking lunge practice was just what I was looking for!

Started with

Thruster 5 - 5 - 5+

Forgot the + again - damn it!  Solid performance at 60 - 70 - 75k but had more in me - should have gotten another 2 or 3 reps on round 3.  Ah well!  Gotta remember the extra credit next time.

The WOD was interesting

500m Row and then


3 rounds of
Overhead Walking Lunges from the bar to the door and back (20/15)
Broad Jumps fromt he bar to the door and back
and then another 500m Row

Finished 8:46

My rows were a bit disappointing during the WOD.  I pulled a 1:29 on the first row and 1:48 on the 2nd - slow!   I only took a couple of rests during the walking lunges - out of necessity when I couldn't stand up out of the lunge.  Otherwise, I was a lot stronger with these.  I've typically tried to control the lunge to touch my knee to the ground but that takes a whole lot of effort.  This go around, I figured what the hell and bounced my knee of the ground.  It would have really hurt on concrete but wasn't too bad on the rubber mats.  Whatever gets it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment