Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Overhead Squats are Brutal! 1-20-10

Today's workout was rough. It was just Season and I at the GYG.

Started off with a 1000m row and finished in 3:33 - not a record but not too shabby either!

Power Snatch 2-2-2-2-2

Still figuring out that 2nd knee bend - drilled at 50k and did 4 x 5. It all started to come together - looking good in the 4th round. I was popping the bar up with power, full arm lock out and catching it low in the squat. Exciting stuff!

21-15-9
Overhead Squats at 50k
Burpees

I've done well with workouts that incorporated overhead squats in the past but this one kicked my ass. I did the first 21 overhead squats unbroken but it destroyed my shoulders, wrists and quads. The burpees were pure agony. I failed on a couple of early OHS attempts in round two and had to walk away from the bar for 15-20 seconds to recover. Tough! I got thru it in 8:44 - video to follow.

GYG 01-20-10 from Garth Huckabay on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment