Friday, January 15, 2010

Sumo Deadlift Highpulls are Hard!

Today's workout was brutal. When I saw it on the board, I was a bit nervous. Zach had us warm up with a 1000m row and my legs, ass and arms were all sore from last night's 2 hour olympic lifting instruction at Gattone's gym in Buffalo Grove. I learned a lot and I'm looking forward to putting some of those refined techniques to good use but no such luck in this WOD!

Started off with Back Squats - 5,5,5+ at 65%, 75% and 85% of your single rep max.

My max is 130k so I went with 85k, 100k and 110k for 7 reps. Felt good - that 7th rep was a near miss but I got it done.

The WOD
500m row
25 pushups
50 sumo dead lift highpulls at 40k
50 pushups
50 sumo dead lift highpulls again
25 pushups again
500m row again

Finished 16:09

Gag! That workout was horrible but in a good way I suppose. My first 500m row was 1:30. I was able to crank out 10 sumos to start but quickly dropped to sets of 5. The sumos were where I was able to make the best time - taking very short rests between each set. My pushup capacity sucks and after that first set of sumos, I couldn't string together more than 3 pushups. The pushups took me a loooonnnnngggg time! My last 500m row was 1:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment